Pages

Winds of Change

I can't complain that life is boring anymore. A wedding, beach parties, and tons of company have a way of just spiking the entertainment level to an all new high. :) It's all been such an incredible experience! This post will hardly come close to capturing the extreme joy, complete fun, raw emotions, and nervousness of last week. It's just a little attempt. :)

And since pictures speak louder than words... :)

The groom waits--thinking of his beloved.
The church awaits the coming covenant.
The dresses wait, shinning happily. :)I was going to put, "The curls wait..." but thought that would be entirely too much "cheesiness." :P I'm telling you, though, we must of put a gallon of hairspray, mousse, and spray gell on my curls. I felt like I had showered in the stuff. :) But really, I was so glad that Liz did my hair--she did an incredible job. Thank you so much, Lizzie! :)With curls in place, bow ties adjusted, sweat pouring--the ceremony began. I don't have too many pictures for obvious reasons. :) Ashley, being a complete dear, took most of these wedding ones. Thank you, Ash, they're beautiful! :)"Sweet things whispered in my ear..."Happily ever after! I'm so happy for my brother and new sister! They're incredible people...
Changing the subject a bit, :) in and around the week, we had a couple beach days--which were both a blast. :)
My little Bryce-y. :) He never actually popped the question, but I heard rumor that he was thinking "seriously" of me as a future marriage possibility...along with several other girls. :) I guess he just can't make up his mind about all these California ladies. ;) He looks like he's trying to make the "hard" choice between me and Sarah in this picture. "Well, I like Emily's eyes...no, Sarah is so much prettier..." ;)Oh, and on top of all the hustle and bustle, I got a Canon Rebel XS--so I've been having a ton of fun with that! :)This could either be a bad picture or a good picture, depending on how you look at it. I was trying to focus on Bryce but ended up focusing on the rock instead. (Go figure with a dim whit like me :P) But it kind of reminds me of that verse where it talks about how the rocks cry out. So when you look at it that way, it could possibly be a good picture... :) Anyways, one of my tangents there. :DLittle feet.Silhouettes.On the other side of the camera. :)The sunset leaves a glittery trail on the water...Beach day II! Liz! :) Two complete sweeties on the rocks! (Hmm, that sounded quite weird...) :) I'm so glad that Laura and Liz got to come--it was a blast having them!!What's a beach day without a foot picture? :P
The sunset was incredible, all pink and glorious! I just wish this picture was better... :(
Just trying out my Rebel. :)
Richard's photography--it's only missing the water mark. :P
To sum it all up, it's bitter-sweet. I'm happy, yet sad that it all had to end. Having to say goodbye keeps pulling my mind back to heaven where that word will never escape our lips again. It's a promise I have to cling to. A bright hope in the horizen that one day we will all be together at our Savor's feet. Not another parting word or tear... What a lovely day that will be. Oh, how we do not deserve such a beautiful promise; but what a loving Father we serve.

I wish my lips

Could never say "Goodbye..."

I wish my heart

Could never feel a sigh.

I wish my face

Could never feel the tears roll.

I wish my eyes

Could never see a fleeting soul.

Cling to hope--never let it go.

Not one dismal farewell or goodbye

In the land He's saved for me--

In my home above the sky.

"In this love, not that we loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins." I John 4:10

7 comments:

K. M. Updike said...

Lovely pictures, Emily! :) I'm jealous of your new camera! ;) It looks like it was a beautiful wedding! Congratulations Kevin and Darleen! :)

Laura said...

Oh, Emmy, what a beautiful week it was!! Saying goodbye was terrible--but I loved your sweet poem and verse reminder. Can't wait to see you again! :)

Ashley Sebo said...

OH EMILY!!!! I love your pictures! They are so beautiful! Your camera and your talent put together are smashing!

I am so impressed!

Hugs!~

LOVE YOU!

Ashley Sebo said...

I have to agree, the wedding and beach party put together were busy!

Lois Munteanu said...

Dear, you're incredibly poetic. I really like the picturres of Lizzie and Laura! *thumbs up*
That's such a beautiful thought, and I love the poem. It was quite a refelective, and slightly melancholic post. :) I feel the same way.

Sarah said...

You know, Bryce is a nice boy and all, but I wouldn't want a guy like him. You can have him if you want! ;) But don't say that I warned you. :P

And I'll quote what everyone else has to say about your photography so... goodbye!

Love you dear!

A Flock of Sebos said...

Btw,

I really like the wedding pictures you took!!!! I'm glad you could use some of mine! It makes me feel special!!!

Love you you! *hugs and kisses*
Ashee