Pages

I WAS a Senior

So I've joined the ranks of high school graduates in the Weston family. :) I love being able to say that!! Yep, no more school for the REST OF MY LIFE! (Well, I do have a bit of math to finish up...) :)

Anyways, Sunday we had the whole ceremony with everything a girl could want and maybe not want--balloons, lights, tulle, tassles, flowers, sweat, tears, smiles, hugs, ribbon, jittery nerves... It was quite an undertaking, I must say. I shall spare you the nitty-gritty details. (You may thank me in the comment section) ;) The only important thing is that we graduated and...got through our speeches with very little altercation! :)

I have loads of pictures from Saturday when we had group photos, rehearsal for the ceremony, and music practice. Then another whole batch from the ceremony. Oh, and all photo credits go to Ashley. She did such an amazing job on them!! Thank you so much, Ashley! So without further ado...

Lining up. With five excited girls graduating, there was plenty of giggling to go around. I think that our "giggling" has turned to a more mature "laughing," but I have the sneaking suspicion that Richard would say otherwise. ;)Awaiting our next order... We were so excited that we would have stood on our heads if they had told us to. :DI'm telling you, I couldn't have picked a better group of girls to graduate with. Rachel, Sarah, Kendra, and Rebecca were all so much fun to be with!! It was such an incredible bonding time!
I thought this one was hysterical. :) Rebecca looks like the private and Mr. Sebo, the general. :P "Where's your shoes, private?!"
Pondering the thought of leaving school behind and embarking on a new journey in life. Though I don't think I was thinking anything anywhere near that serious. :)
Then we all got together to take some "official" group shots. :) Don't you just love the denim and white?
LOL, this one perfectly captures us in between pictures--fixing the hair!! You might say that we were vain, but it was really windy and you would never want hair in the face for a picture, would you? :)We had to have a serious one. Let me tell you, it was hard to "un-glue" the smile. :)
Back to the smiles... :)I love all of our expressions in this one. :) Except for mine looks a bit koinky.

Sunday evening finally rolled around...Last minute curls and another dousing of hairspray. An all-girl graduation is kind of like a wedding when all the bridesmaids get ready. A random cute one. :)This was right before, and we were all pretty jittery. Doing a speech in front of about 200 people = scary. :S
We all played together, too. That was a blast and a cinch compared to the massive prospect of doing a speech. :D
I was the last one to go up there and the chances of me crying were pretty high. Kendra was the only one who got through her speech without a few tears, and since crying is highly contagious among girls, I figured I would probably would, too. But I told myself I wouldn't, and when I got up there, I actually had such a fun time giving my speech that I couldn't have cried if I wanted to. :P After the ceremony. I got a card that said, "The tassle was worth the hassle." So true! :D
My dear Daddy-O! What a wonderful man he is!I know everybody thinks that their mom is the best, but mine beats them all!!!
More pictures... By this time I was getting a wee bit tired of all the flashing thingymibobs. At times it felt like we had a popperazzi following us around. ;)Loaded down with flowers, diplomas, cards, and bags--that's us. :)And a cake picture, of course. It was definitely one of the best days of my life. The Lord blessed us all so much! He is an incredible God and deserves all the glory for anything good that we might have accomplished. I wanted to end with this picture because it captures exactly what we're all feeling right now. The future lies before us with bends in the road and sunshine and tears. It's sometimes scary to think what might be ahead, but we can rest in the fact that God holds it all in His hand and won't let it go for a second. He knows each curve, each bump, and He has it all mapped out from the beginning to the end. The only thing we have to do is let Him take the wheel and lead us wherever He may.

"Faithful is He that calleth you; who also will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5 24

14 comments:

K. M. Updike said...

Oh, Emily! *hugs* Congratulations, darling dearest! I am so happy for you! God bless you and may you look to Him when you can't see beyond the bend in the road!

Love you!

Lois Munteanu said...

*wipes away a tear*
Dearest,
that was the MOST beautiful graduation ceremony I've ever attended. Your speech was inspiring! I'm truly blessed to know you and I'm excited to see how God continues to work in your life. Love you!

Rebecca said...

OH MY GOODNESS, that was just such a fun, blessed, sweet, wonderful evening!

I had so, so much fun with you, Emily dear, and would not want to have graduated any other way!

Rachel (Stevens) Buckingham said...

That was one of the best times of my life! Wasn't the Lord good to give us such a beautiful, wonderful evening?!!!!

Melinda D. said...

Congratulations on your graduation, Emily!

9Browns said...

Congratulations on your graduatution, dear Emily!

Your card has been ready here for some time; it will be forthcoming!

God's Grace to you,
9Browns

Liz Brown said...

(((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))

OH Emily that looks like it was wonderful!! Wish I could've been there.

When're you coming out for your senior trip?? ;)

Kendra said...

That was so much fun. We definitely had a fantastic evening, it was such a blessing. I am so glad that I was able to graduate with all you girls.

Dawna said...

Congratualations, Emily! Aren't graduations just a blast?!?! God bless you!

In His love,
Dawna

Ashley Sebo said...

My Dear Emily,
I was VERY proud of you! You have been an amazing friend along the years and it has been such a priviledge to know you! I remember as little girls when we would talk about school! We hated it! Well now, you almost done! Good job!

Thank you for the eleven beautiful years of friendship we have had! Growing up with you has been one of the best things in my life! I love you very much!

I'll always be your "sister"!

Darleen Weston said...

Congrats again, Emily! It looks like y'all had a very nice time!
Love and God bless you! Jo

Kevin and Darleen Weston said...

We are so proud and happy for you!!

May God continue to guide your every step!

Love,

Darleen (and Kev)

Laura said...

What can I say?? I'm shamefully late with this comment but rest assured it wasn't because I forgot about you... I'll just say from one happy, thankful graduate to another--- CONGRATULATIONS!!

Hugs and squeezes--

Laura

Allison Joy said...

Love the pictures, Emily!
Congratulations and many blessings to you and your friends as you embark on the next part of your lives!!!

In Christ :)