Pages

Sacramento and Various Odds and Ends

Wait for it... wait for it... ok, here's the post of a lifetime!!! Just kidding. :) It's little old me again with an update on--yep, you guessed it--what I've been doing. Please buckle your seat belts, and keep arms, legs, and valuables in the vehicle at all times. ;)

:.: Sacramento :.: In the beginning, our family wasn't going to the conference. Dad couldn't get the time off, the funds weren't there, and there were all our "millions" of animals to think about. So I pretty much (emphasis on "pretty much") resigned myself to not going, but I asked Mom if she could call the COMMIT office just to see if they still needed help...about a week before the conference. I don't know why--there wasn't really a way I would be able to go even if they did. Mom called and didn't get anyone, so I figured that was just the way it had to be. A while later, I was bouncing by Mom and Dad's room and thought to check the answering machine. One of the COMMIT leaders left a message saying they really, really needed teachers, that they only had three signed up. She almost sounded desperate. For an ATI, headquarters-frequenting person to sound desperate--well, it doesn't happen much. I was...EXCITED! God's leading? Absolutely! The Sebos graciously and very generously took me. Thank you so much, Sebo Family! It was a powerful experience for me! God really moved in my heart...and I realized how much I can miss my family. :)

Here's a picture of mine and Ashley's team. Sarah, so incredibly cute; Tabitha, who lives in Hawaii; Jovy, half Persian and just lovely; Kristen, a sweetheart; Shekinah, who has a really cool name; and Elisha, shy, but surprising. They were all extremely sweet!
Ashley should be given an award for putting up with me. :) She's a dear! Thanks for making me your "sister" for a week. ;)
:.: Puppies :.: These pictures are in honor of the awesome Stephen Weston in Alaska. Miss you so much, Stephen!!!! I can't wait 'till you get back!

This is Mia, the Couple's new puppy. I'm still in shock that Jeremy and Aimee have a puppy!! Never saw that coming... :D Aimee says that Jeremy meant Mia to be an investment, but I think she's a little more than that. ;)And...we got another dog, too. :) I can hear the groans, peoples. She's Mia's sister and her name is Pheobe. And it wasn't my idea, but I think she's mighty cute. :DYou have to admit it--she's pretty cute, eh??

:.: Time with the best Mother the world has ever seen :.: I got Mom to come down to the school with me and smile for the birdie. :)
Love you and love you and love you! :) She is the Proverbs 31 Woman on steroids. She serves and serves and serves. She is passionate about God and isn't afraid to tell anyone. She is fantabulous and wonderful and beautiful and photogenic and...my Mom!!!

:.: Aimee :.: Isn't she gorgeous? Yep, I thought so, too. :)
A princess and no mistake.
Aimee and I love sunsets. A love planted in us by our Father and nourished by our Grandma. Gram always told us to go out and look at the sunset. She ever encouraged us to take the time to enjoy God's handiwork. This is for Grandma.

"Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine."
Isaiah 43:1

6 comments:

Rachel (Stevens) Buckingham said...

I'm so glad that the Sacramento Conference went so well--and that you were able to work in COMMIT!

I like the portraits that you took of your mom and of Aimee. They turned out really cute. :-)

Ashley Sebo said...

A very lovely post, Emily!

I having been following your blog like crazy, waiting for this post!(Wondring just how much you had to put up with us all!)

We were so thrilled to have you! And your very, VERY welcome! It was so much fun to have you as a sister!

Lovely portraits!

Hugs! Love you tons girl!

K. M. Updike said...

Oh, that was a beautiful sunset, Emily! A befitting one for your grandmother! Sunsets are ever more beautiful when they are for someone. :)

Love you!

Laura said...

Wow... I'm still in shock over Jeremy being a dog owner. :D Funny, funny!! I love Mia and Pheobe-- they are super cute. And I'm so glad you were able to go to Sacramento for the convention. :)

Kevin and Darleen Weston said...

What a lovely post Emily! The pictures of Mum and Aimee are really pretty! Kevin will like them too, when he checks this post!

Love you and see you next week! HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY!

Grets said...

Hi Emily. A couple interesting facts. Kristen and Shekinah have attended the CI in Vancouver, B.C. ,(the same one A, J,and K, helped with) and Kristen has been on my CI team up there as well.
Take care!