Road trip extraordinaire. :) We, the fabulous five, loaded up in Ted the Toyota Camry and took America by storm.
Fun? Oh, yes!!
Cramped? You betcha. :S
Long? Uhhhh-huh.
Worth it? Absolutely. Without a doubt.
:.: Arizona :.: We took it slow the first day and did the expected sight seeing--Montazuma's Castle (For the life of me, I couldn't stop saying Montazuma's Casserole. Errg.) and Sedona. This picture was not posed--true proof that we are a Sensor family to the core.
Sedona. And if you ask me, I think I saw a little too much of it for my liking. We spent about three hours hiking around in the heat with barely any water on a trail that was supposed to be 4.5 miles long, unbeknownst to us. :P The moral of the story is: Don't just take off hiking in Sedona...especially if you are only wearing flip-flops. ;)
Sometimes I wonder about the people who come up with signs like these. lol
:.: New Mexico :.: Not much happened there... :)
:.: Texas :.: By the time we got our of Texas, I had images of Tall Texan billboards advertising 72 ounce steaks floating around in my head. We saw lots of flatness and LOTS of rain. I've never seen it rain that hard in my whole life. It gets kind of scary when you can't see a foot ahead and you have the danger of running into a Tall Texan billboards. ;)
After the rain.

:.: Colorado :.: On the way back from Tennessee we stopped to visit the Meyers family. We had a grand time talking, talking, talking, and sleeping. Oh, and Dad took this picture, btw. :)
The Moms. :)
Thank you so much, Meyer's family for letting us invade your home and sleep a good half of the time. ;)
:.: Kansas :.: ...was flat. That's an Emily-Weston-who's-dog-tired perspective on it. ;)
Kevin enjoyed himself. :)



:.: Oklahoma :.:
Richard and Mom, half awake in a Motel 6, bathed in dramatic lighting. You can say it. That was a very weird caption. :S lol
Yep, we got five people, a library of books we hardly read, and way too many pillows in there. You think we would have learned out lesson last year, but we still brought too many pillows.
A cool picture by Richard. It's kind of funny how Motel 6 has become our refuge on these cross-country trips. We stopped in one last year, and Mom did us a favor. She stubbed her toe, and that's how we got a free night at one this year. I know--we're good. ;) We kept telling Mom that she should stub her toe again...she didn't think it was worth it.
Richard and Mom, half awake in a Motel 6, bathed in dramatic lighting. You can say it. That was a very weird caption. :S lol
Yep, we got five people, a library of books we hardly read, and way too many pillows in there. You think we would have learned out lesson last year, but we still brought too many pillows.
A cool picture by Richard. It's kind of funny how Motel 6 has become our refuge on these cross-country trips. We stopped in one last year, and Mom did us a favor. She stubbed her toe, and that's how we got a free night at one this year. I know--we're good. ;) We kept telling Mom that she should stub her toe again...she didn't think it was worth it.
:.: Arkansas :.: ...is really pretty, but extremely humid and buggy. You get out of the car and it's lunch time...for the "skeeters."
Another scenic picture, just to bug you. ;)
The sun glinting off his shades...the rush of wind...the thrill of going 80...Dad is happy. :)
Another scenic picture, just to bug you. ;)
The sun glinting off his shades...the rush of wind...the thrill of going 80...Dad is happy. :)
:.: Destination: Tennessee! :.: We had a BLAST! We did everything from getting eaten by mosquitoes to skeet shooting--SO much fun! Well, I guess I could have gone without the mosquitoes, but yeah, you probably already knew that. Aaaanyways, on the first full day, we went to a real tourist trap...sorta. ;) It was extremely disturbing on a number of levels: a castle built out of anything and everything by a guy who should be in the loony bin. You really have to go there to understand what I mean by disturbing, but I thought this picture came out really cool anyways. I didn't want any pictures of it, but Dad did. Without my brave and fearless Father, you would not be looking at what you are looking at. :)

A few days later, we trekked to Lookout Mountain where you can see (I think) five different states from one place.
Kevin enjoyed himself. :)


I did, too. :) Actually, Benji took this picture. Not bad for an eight year old, eh? But let's just say that some people liked my camera a little too much. ;)

And Bryce-y!!! Love you, little man. :D
Westons rule, right Darleen? ;)
And one last picture of everybody. We all look a bit tired, but that's because we had such a blast. :D Thank you so very much, Waltman family...for everything!
That's it, peoples! Keep shining for Christ.
Westons rule, right Darleen? ;)
And one last picture of everybody. We all look a bit tired, but that's because we had such a blast. :D Thank you so very much, Waltman family...for everything!
That's it, peoples! Keep shining for Christ.
"Ye are the light of the world..." Matthew 5:14
9 comments:
Yay! I have been watchung for this post, Girl! Thanks for updating SO quickly!
I love the pictures of scenery! And no, they don't bug me! my favorite is the one of Kansas, with the trees. Hit me if you must but it's so "Pride and prejudicy" (Sound familar)
It's nice to see a picture of the Meyer Family again. I'm glad they are doing well!
I love that picture of Bryce! I'm glad you had such anice time, but I missed you!!!!! A WHOLE TON!
Love you!!! btw,I just love the way you posted this, cause it's SO you, and I LOVE you!(Just in case you didn't know!)
OH! And I just LOVE that picture of the sun shining through the trees!
Amazing, gal!!!
Love you!
Jiminy Christmas!! You were sooo close to Nebraska-- and you went through (pardon me) Kansas instead?!?!!?
Oh well, I'm so glad you had a good time! Looks like a blast. :)
Great post Emily!!! Can't believe its already been a week since you were here! but anyways it was SO good to see you all again.
I felt so bad for you the whole time with how tired you looked from the trip but hope you've recovered now: )
I miss you so much already but my parents are talking about us coming out to CA maybe sometime this year to see you all!
Hope we do!: )
Ooo! Yay! I'm glad you're back, Em! LOVERLY pictures! I need to schedule a shooting session with YOU! :)
Love you, girl!
I'm glad you had such a blast. Love you!
I really like the picture showing the Colorado mountains ( w/the wood back of a truck in it). Nice color contrast!
Jo
More! Emily, more!
Post a Comment