Pages

A Short Post...

...to let you know that I'm still alive and kicking. :) Not much has been happening--to blog about anyways. Sooo here's a few pictures of home life. I hope to post about my trip to Europe soon. ;) jk


I've been working on quite a bit of piano lately (what's new?)--choir, Christmas recital stuff... Yes, I get in the mood early. :) No, actually it's reeeally hard and I want to get a head start on it. Just be glad that you're not my poor family. :P
I made this baby jumper on Friday for a baby shower coming up. I LOVE the pattern because it's so easy--no horrid zippers or exasperating button holes or tough sleeves. Easy is good--very good. It doesn't stretch my poor little brain too much, and I'm all for that. ;) Waiting for Dad to come home. Mom is so adorable here!! Makes you want to squeeze her one. :DHe's home! A rush of excitement--a blurry picture. :S I thought it looked kind of cool, so that's why it made the blog.A meal time prayer--a tender moment during a busy day.Aaand a photo shoot with...ME. LOL No one else would pose, and there was some thing on a blog about trying to get a self portrait of yourself. A real high class one that's timed! What that translates into is a picture where you look kind of dazed and a bit helter-skelter because you're trying to get into the position you want and still look half-way decent in 10 seconds. And that was a run-on sentence. ;) Pardon me English, folks. :)A California sunset complete with a palm tree and wires. The palm tree is for...well, you know who you are. ;)
And since most of the pictures in this post are pretty crummy, I thought I'd leave you with one of my better ones. :)Remember to count everything as joy. :) I'm most certainly not one to talk, but that's the little lesson I learned today. Just today, because I'll probably have to learn the the same lesson over again tomorrow. Anyways, I kind of had a meltdown moment today where everything just seemed to be falling a part. And if I told you what it was, you would die laughing. It was extremely trivial, but it still pressed my buttons... :S Anyways, I was feeling pretty steamy when James 1:2 popped into my head. "...Count it all joy..." Not really what I wanted to hear, but what I needed to hear. I just love the way God gently reminds me of how much I've gotten off track. It's so subtle, but yet so powerful. He doesn't say more than He has to--He doesn't say less than He should. He's to the point and doesn't waste words. Kind of reminds me of Stephen. :) Anyways, I'll leave you with that verse so you can take it with you and remember it when the going gets tough.

"My brethren, Count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations." James 1:2

9 comments:

All Us Winslows said...

That is such a cute picture!!

Christian has taken a few of me in frot of brick like that too:) We have lots of it; our whole house is brick!

Thank you for stopping by the blog! Glad you enjoy it. I always enjoy reading yours as well :)

~Tarra

K. M. Updike said...

Oh! Beautiful, Em! *claps in delight* So lovely! I Love the sunset and the two kids on those rocks in the water! I so want to do that when I come down there!

More! More! :)

Laura said...

Thanks for the palm tree, dearest. :) It's "holy-cow" gorgeous...

...as are you in front of bricks in such a DELICIOUS green color.

yumminess!!

9Browns said...

Emily
I like the self portrait too!
Wow, it's been almost...two years since we have been out there. Miss you guys.

We will hopefully be settled soon...and ready for a visit??? : )

Love
Mrs Brown
Hugs to your mom and Aimee!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post, Emily! VERY MUCH! Btw, I really like your new header! It's very beautiful! You took it, right?

Thanks for being such a dear last night! I enjoyed and appreciated every bit!

I always like your photos, but WELL DONE on the self portrait! Lovely, as always!I really like the brick backround!!

I love you LOTS, girl! Keep on posting about your lovely life! (And one of these days...you'll be posting *eyes start to water* about your courtship!! (Please buy me a hankerchief before you break it to me!) J/K!)

I love the piano keys...so *wink*"Pride and Prejudicy!" *sighs contentedly*

I love you! See You Sunday!!
*hugs and kisses all the way*

Btw, Mrs. Brown, I am all for another visit!!! That would be so fun!! You guys have to come again soon!

Anonymous said...

Love you Dear! This is just a friendly reminder to UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!! *wink* I love you!

Anonymous said...

Hello there, this is my first visit to your blog and I just wanted to drop a quick comment. =^) I like your blog name, did you get it from the song? I see that you play the piano-so do I. Thank you for taking a moment to read this comment, if you'd like; stop by my blogspots. Oh, Footprints in the Sand is my main blog. Have a good day.

~Elizabeth J.~

K. M. Updike said...

Emily! Where have you gone, me love?? Come back to me! Please!

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily!!! Wow... I've been crazy bad at writing, eh? lol... I'm afraid I'm not good at the pen-pal thing :) Anyways, I was think'n about ya and thought I would check up on your blog! Your photography is getting better, girl! :D Hope everything is going well with you! **hug** ~ Missy/Hannah