Pages

25 Pictures

Life is good. :) Tonight was one of those nights when dishes were piled high, and nobody had a shred of endurance. It was one of those nights when you almost wish you could walk out into the kitchen and find all the dishes magically put away. But dishes never do that, so you wait around until someone else gets up enough nerve to face them. Well, finally, I hauled off and did them after wasting a good amount of time "waiting" for that someone else to do them. (And why is it that as soon as you have your gloves on, your nose itches??) lol :) But I had fun thinking out how I wanted this post to be. So that made up for it. You know, sometimes I literally go through life thinking in blog post format? What pictures I can take, what captions I can write--yes, I am that pathetic. :D Anyhow, the dishes are all tucked away now, and I have high hopes of finishing this thing that's been in my draft box for way too long. :)

:.: Home Life :.: Sisters sleeping in harmony...for the moment anyways. No, actually, they love--if dogs love--each other a lot and you hardly ever see one without the other. :) They're so cute. Our house at night--looks inviting, eh? The other side of Dad. :)
:.: Lois :.: Lois wanted some good pictures that she could actually say she liked. I personally think almost every picture of her is adorable, but I didn't have a problem taking more. :D Most of you have probably seen a lot of them, but I couldn't resist putting a few more up. You're beautiful, Lois, inside and out! Love you so much.
I think this one is incredibly adorable... :D There are so many poetical things I could say about this picture...but I shall resist. :P
:.: A Day at Dog Beach :.: Yes, believe it or not, they actually have a beach for dogs. :D So we packed up our two Bordeauxs, dropped Dad off at a meeting, and made the jaunt down to dog beach. At the risk of being corny, it was a beautiful day--not too hot, not too cold. Yeah, and you get the point. ;) This picture has that kind of 70's look to it, don't you think? A not-so-70's-one. :)Howie liked everything but the sand and the water, which translates into she didn't like it at all. Our dogs are so much like us, or maybe it's the other way around. :) They just wanted to sit and take it easy. lol Howie kind of reminds me of a seal here. :D Phoebe liked it a little better. There was this guy that would run by periodically (yes, dog people can be rather insane) with two of the ugliest mutts. Phoebe got a huge kick out of that and would take off after them. I think she thought they were mobile chew toys. So she had great fun with that. Lol, Howie looks like she's telling the little dog to beat it. Other than running after the motorized chew toys, they didn't really like socializing with the other dogs either. :DRicky tried and tried to get them in the water, but they wouldn't have it.
A dog with a frisbee--now that's a canine after my own heart. ;)
After about an hour, and stiff with boredom, we went to go pick up Dad at his meeting. He wasn't finished yet so we lounged around in the park near by. Richard says hi to all my faithful blog readers, if there are still any left. ;)Phoebe really tuckerd out.
Mom...not tuckered out. She didn't seem any worse for the wear and actually was quite perky. :) Sometimes I think the woman runs on pure adreneline. :D She harldy ever gets tired and serves us all so much. Oh, how I love her!What are you looking at??Oh, me?Beat it! ;)
For any one who suffers from chronic stupidity and can't recognize normal, everday things, these are flowers. ;)Old houses have such charm.
"...no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly." Psalms 84:11

8 comments:

Kevin and Darleen Weston said...

This was a really fun post, Emily!! Great job! The pictures look very goood!

Love you Sis, Darleen

Laura said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you posted! LOVE the pictures, the dogs... everything!

Love YOU!!

K. M. Updike said...

An EMMI post!!!!! I'm SO excited!!!
I LOVE it, Emily!! Those house pictures are SO lovely! I love the one of the door! :D And that one of Stephen is awesome!! I love Sepia looks!!

Anonymous said...

*Waves back at Ricky*

(I'm still faithfully reading it!!!)



I'm glad you FINALLY posted, you dear thing!!! I have been waiting!!!

Very well done on those portraits of Lois! She looks very pretty!!!


I really enjoyed the pictures at the beach, very artistic!!!

Love you!!!

Jeremy and Aimee said...

You are so creative, Ittsy! I loved the lighting in the pictures of the puppies, and the 70s beach picture "brings back memories." :) Hey, it's good to "think in a blog." It's like journaling, and that is one of the best ways you can train your mind to get past the first sight, the first impression, the shallow waters, and go deeper - as well as to develop a grateful spirit towards God. I love you!!
- Aimee

Nightingale said...

Hi! I found your blog through a friend, and I really loved it! I, too, enjoy photography and I loved the photos on your site. I will definitely be revisiting your blog often in the future.
In Christ,
Courtney
www.courtneykrause.blogspot.com
www.ahighercallingmag.webs.com

Darleen Weston said...

neat post, I like the first beach pic. and the dog footprints in the 2nd one makes it look neat...

As for faithful readers, I'd say you have quite a few...your's and kev/darleens blog are the only ones I check alot.
Jo

Rebecca said...

Count me in too!! I'm a faithful reader!

Love your blog, Emily! It's like you. . .beautiful and sweet. :)