Pages

Dramatic Cleaning, Roses Galore, Fall, a Very Icky Spider, and a Not-So-Sticky Tourist Trap

:: Home Life :: #101 on the list of things that prove Emily Weston is quirky: I like to listen to stirring and dramatic music while I'm cleaning. Nothing like a little intense battle music to help with the war on dust bunnies. :P It's fantastic how much of an effect music can have on the soul. Now go turn on some Hans Zimmer and hit the dust. :DRichard found this lil' beaut out somewhere and took the picture. Believe me, I would have NEVER gotten so close--my lens has pretty much zero zoom, so you literally have to be right there. Maybe when I get a telephoto I can claim such daring pictures. :PA little fact about this one--it's pretty hard to get a picture of a mirror without being in it. LOL Why is that?? Stupid questions get stupid answers. :)
:: The Fullerton Arboretum :: Now for the not-so-sticky tourist trap--in all actuality it is NOT a tourist trap, but we pretty much always take overnight guests and family there. It's free...'nuff said. ;) It can be really pretty there, though, and the quiet is delicious.Jen and Christopher stayed with us for a couple nights and we had a smashing time raiding the afore mentioned arboretum, celebrating Aimee's birthday, and teasing the couples. :DTo make up for the nasty spider picture, I had to post some flowers. Oh, it was just so irresistible--I couldn't resist the temptation. :D
View #1.View #2. :) Those captions are totally going to win the most creative caption contest. :PI think Aimee definitely fits in the flower category. :)Fall is finally unveiling her lovely shades in Cal. The tree in our yard changes colors right about the time other states are loaded down with snow. Such a sad, sad little life we live... ;)Mom and Dad are so incredibly cute together. Dad loves to make Mom laugh. He likes to scare her, too. Sometimes, on the way home from church, Dad will go really fast over the train tracks and Mom will suck in her breath and say, "Bill!" Then Dad just gets this little, almost invisible smirk on his face, and he'll look like he just won the lottery. :D He loves to get a rise out of her. LOL Two of the sweetest and most beautiful people on the earth.
This picture screams fall, don't you think?
So does this one--apologies for the noise. ;)Mum: See it? See it, Bill?
Dad: Where, what? Who??
Dad: Ohhh...yeah...A couple--yet another gloriously captivating caption. :DAimee thought it was unfair that I get so many pictures of her and none of myself, so she commanded me to pose. When Aimee commands, you listen. It is such a RARE moment. :D The thing that I like about this one, besides the gorgeous scenery, is that I'm far away... :) I'm all for a dark or far-away picture of myself. :DOne without me...ah, that's better. :P
This is my absolute favorite of the whole day. :) White roses are delicious--pink ones are not. I should know--I actually ate a bit of a pink one. Seriously! I read somewhere that it was an old tradition to eat roses with sugar. Being insanely curious, I tried it out. Now I know why it's a thing of the past. :DHave a splendid week, folks! :)

:: "I will love thee, O Lord, my strength." Psalms 18:1 ::

7 comments:

Nightingale said...

Gorgeous photography, as usual!! And the photo of yourself was great - I wish it had been closer!!! :)
~Courtney

K. M. Updike said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely, lovely!!!! Beautiful photos, Em! It was so nice to see you on your blog for a change! :D We must chat sometime soon!!

Love you, pip!

Ashley Sebo said...

Very lovely photos, Emily!!

I think you are blossoming into an excellent photographer!

I really like the spider picture!

Love you!

Liz Brown said...

I love the one of your mom and Aimee. Your pictures are always sooooo fun to look at! :) Love you and miss you ...

Laura said...

Thanks for posting!!

I agree that stirring music makes cleaning much more tolerable. The same concept works with a crowbar and hammer. :-) Only it's a little more dangerous if you get carried away... :)

Dawna said...

Oh, Emily! Beautiful pictures! Autumn in California is absolutely breathtaking!
Love,
Dawna

K. M. Updike said...

There's something over to my blog for you, Emilio! :D *HUGS*