Pages

Mini Posts Happen When...

...you spend most of your time practicing the piano. Think, at least three hours of practice every week day. (Church cantata coming up...) Richard knows what I'm like when I'm at it too long--bulging eyes, frothing at the mouth, singing along with the metronome... :D JK, it's super that I get to play the dear thing that much. I love every minute. Almost. :) Though this picture should give you an idea of what I look like now days Moving on to much more important topics than my insane piano practices, it rained and rained and rained here in Cal. Simply wonderful. Richard and I ran about in it for a while and got thoroughly soaked, as you can see. Don't ask me why he took the trouble to put the jacket on. ;)The world wouldn't be quite the same without Graham crackers and milk. Aaaand they can be pretty photogenic together too. This is as close to an engagement shoot as I'll ever get. ;P lol
A little breeze was playing at my window... (Please don't die from teenage-girl-poetical- atrocities syndrome!)Richard got a new red shirt which makes him look utterly dashing. Though I think he's dashing in anything. :) Girls, he's still in high school--he's got to get a job--stop swooning. ;) JK
You, my dear friend, are looking at an incredible, incredible person. This person is smart and witty and wonderful and superb and fantastic and classy and handsome and on fire for God!!
And I could never, ever end this post without a few pictures of my adorable niece. :) As you can see, Darleen took these beautiful pictures. Aw, they make me swoon. :DShe looks so happy here. :)One last thing, these verses have been such an encouragement to me:

"How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand:
When I awake, I am still with thee."

It's amazing to think that God stoops to thoughts of us! What an incredible love.

7 comments:

K. M. Updike said...

Lovely Emily! Addy is precious! Oh, so precious!

And who would laugh your poeticalness!? It was sooo pretty!

Love ya!

Laura said...

I love your post, Emmy!! :) You have a wonderful brother and a wonderful niece...

ps-- ditto on the graham crackers and milk, BTW. :P

Ashley Sebo said...

Finally!! Thank you for posting again dear! I miss yours!

Your right, Ricky does look very good in that new shirt! I imagine you'll have a time keeping gals away from him when he's older!!:)

Cute post, dear! Your niece is simply adorable!!

Love you lots!!!:)

See you tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Emmy! Yay, thank you HEAPS for posting! (DONT tell me to post too, I'm much to busy with school to remember my corner of the blogosphere) Ok, rofl, Jimmy actually leaned over to tell me that Ricky looked good in his red shirt on Sunday. His words, "Wow, Ricky looks really good in his red shirt." Something like that...knowing Jimmy, he probably added a "noob" in there somewhere. But anyway, if JIMMY noticed, you can imagine what the girls were thinking. ;D You have the cutest neice, she's almost as cute as my cousin. :P Love you HEAPS!
~Lois

Kevin and Darleen Weston said...

Hey, Hey from Kevin and Darleen!

I love the pictures!! The two Westons are the best looking. I think Addie is cuter, though! ;)

Love you!!

Sarah said...

So this is a mini post? Wow. :) Your niece is precious!! So cute... keep up the pics of her! I'm one of Becca Girkins' friends here in CO... and my dad is working in Huntington Beach this week and next. And my mom is going out there this weekend with him. So wave hello to them from wherever you are!

Nightingale said...

I'm just now catching up on your blog now that I'm home from China....I just LOVE your posts!

Your brother is definitely very handsome! I have a brother about the same age as yours...it's so fun to see them grow up and mature during those years. All the sudden they get taller than you and get this deep voice and start to look way too old!! Time flies.....

Courtney