Pages

50th Post

I don't know if 50 posts is an accomplishment or a disgrace to faithful bloggers everywhere... I've seen some radicals celebrating their 1000th post, and being MODEST about it. Hee, hee...well, not quite, but I think you get the point. So 50 posts in nearly three years--not bad! ...no, very bad. :) Well, what I lack in numbers, I make up for in content. :P However, after you see these next pictures you will most definitely not agree with that last statement, not that you agreed with it in the first place. :D :D

This is what happens when Richard and Emily don't have anything better to do. We painted--yes, painted--Cindy's nails. If you are shocked, I understand. If you are outraged, I understand. If you are sick, I understand. If you are laughing, then you did what we did. :D She was very nonchalant about it--didn't seem to mind a bit. Yes, you can tell us that we are crazy. You won't be the only one. :)
Well, ahem, on to much more sane things... My mom had one of her friends from high school for a visit. It was fun to see them together and kind of get a glimpse of what Mom was like when she was around my age. :) We took her to the beach...obviously. :)
Mum and Dad.
This is the beach, for all you landlocked people. :D
Ok, ok, enough of the boring scenery. Here's a picture of Rick's foot!!! Not what you quite looking for, eh? Grin and bare it--grin and bare it. :)Got water?And here's a dramatic one for all you drama queens and kings. Wait, is there such a thing as a "drama king"?? Guys are the even keeled ones, right?

Jane: Bob, get a hold of yourself--it's just a dead ant. Seriously, stop crying!"
Bob: *crying hysterically*

:D
This one is just fun. :)Me foot.
Dad took this really fabulous picture!! Isn't it smashing??I think this is my absolute favorite! It just cracks me up how calm Mom is, and how hysterical Rick looks.
Thinking.
Old Glory. May Jesus overwhelm you with blessings. May He overpower you with His love. May you feel His everlasting, unfathomable peace. See you next time, peoples. :)

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

8 comments:

Dawna said...

Ah, I've been longing for the ocean lately. Thank you for the lovely photos! (I love the toenail thing too!) :)

K. M. Updike said...

Oh, the ocean is SO beautiful! I can't wait to see it!

LOL Ricky and your Mom reminds me of Joseph and my mom! :D

Love you! :)

Laura said...

Yay!! A post!! I loved that picture of the flag on the craggy rocks. Just like a poem. :)

CAN'T. WAIT. TO. SEE. YOU.!!!! Only 43 days!!!!

Rachel said...

I have been looking around your blog and I LOVE the pictures you take, as well as the comments that go with them. :) You and your family look very sweet and I hope you'll pay my blog a visit!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Emily,

You don't know me. :-) I am from TX. I go to the church the Waltman's went to while they lived in TX. We just got home from seeing Kevin and Darleen today! They gave a presentation. It was a big blessing to see Darleen again, and meet Kevin. You have a very nice sister-in-law!!! :-) (In case you didn't know that.) My mother and two sisters were at Kevin's and Darleen's wedding.

I have been following your blog for quite a while and finally had an excuse to comment! Maybe...I hope you don't mind!

God bless you!
Faith Schatte

“Brokenness is realizing Christ is all we have. Hope is realizing Christ is all we need. Joy is realizing Christ is all we want.” Larry Crab

Nightingale said...

Hey, Congrats on 50 posts! I just had 400, but that is nothing compared to some of the BIG bloggers out there!!

I love all the beach photos - I don't live anywhere near the ocean and have only visited once or twice. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Wait, WHAT?! I did not comment on the awesomeness of this blog post? Please excuse me while I go find something solid to knock my head against. Emily, I apologize. My behavior is inexcusable.

I absolutely love Cindy's nails. That was funny.

Em, congratz on posting much awesomeness. Love U!!!

Anonymous said...

:)