Pages

A Tennessee Christmas

1 cute little girlie
1 white Christmas
1 first birthday
1 amazing couple (the junior Westons)
1 very encouraging family (the Waltmans)
1 happy New Year's
1 trip to Cades Cove
1 ice skating excursion

Yep, it was a good 1. :D


Mom and Dad in the airport, ready to roll. Added note, the airport is the perfect place to watch people. You see all kinds, from punks with wild hair to camo-clad red-necks. Mm-hm, it's a feast for the eyes. :P
An epic shot of Rick.
It was a rainy day...Layover in Phoenix. These captions are brilliant, I know. :P
And then we we were there. Addie didn't even know what hit her, poor thing. :D But seriously, isn't she THE cutest baby ever??
Trying to get her to walk--she wouldn't have it. Who needs to walk when you can crawl all over and scrounge for little goodies on the floor? ...I'm thinking about converting. ;)
"Mm, not sure about this one." Seriously, she loved Rick. He could just scratch his nose and she'd break out in smiles. :DDoesn't she have beautiful eyes?
And drool over this one, too. :)The adoring-Addie smile.
Addie and Daddy. Kev, you make a swell Dad.
If Addie had a penny for how many times she's made someone smile, she would be a millionaire.
We had a white Christmas!! It couldn't have been more perfect--waking up Christmas morning and watching the snow softly falling outside the window. Beautiful. I love it how the Lord hears our hearts' desires, even in the little things.
Since it's been exactly 7.5 seconds since you last saw an Addie picture, here's the second batch. :DIt's really hard to think of MY mom being a grandma. She doesn't have the perm and sparkly jingle bells sweater! I guess that will all come in good time... ;)1 very pesky cat. And I do mean pesky. It was sightly photogenic, which helped in preserving its life. ;) jk, you know. :D
Cute defined.I think the most mind-boggling thing about Addie is, that I'm actually related to her! I'm related to that little ball of adorable-ness. Whoa, did that blow a fuse? I'm sorry. ;)
:)On the count of three, everyone say, cute! 1-2-3-CUTE! Eeek, I'm running out of creative ways to describe her darling-ness. :S
I don't think there's anything cuter than a rugged, handsome guy like Steve, holding a baby. It's so sweet. P.S. I think she approved of the beard. ;)Then we went to Cades Cove for the fourth time in two years. I think it's so beautiful there...and there's nothing quite like leading on some gawking tourist. Kev would stop the van and pretend to look at "something," and the car behind us would stop and try to find the "thing" that we were supposedly looking at. Slightly mean, but oh so fun. :D
Benji, man of the hour. Or should I say minute? He is easily distracted. ;)
An old church building in the Cove. Very beautiful, indeed.
Me and my pal. :D Besides, we both had furry jackets, so we had to have a picture of that. :)Confession: The beard has definitely grown on me. ...well, technically not ON me, but it has started to creep into my affections. ;) 'Course Steve is downright handsome no matter what. I'll probably get killed for this post. ;)
After running around in Cades Cove, we drove up to Gutenberg to go ice skating. It was SO much fun. Joleen and I had a blast together, and not just with ice skating... My throat fairly tickles when I think of the powerful talks we had together, Jo. ;) And that, my friends is a very INSIDE joke. :D (Eeek, that wasn't supposed to be a pun, trust me.) Kidding aside, Joleen, you are a very amazing, Godly young lady. I love you so much. Can't wait to see you again sometime soon, I hope.
Waiting for the Zamboni machine to finish clearing the ice.
Mum is the word. :)More waiting.
The carousel across the way.
While we were skating, Addie got some Grandma and Grandpa time. :)
Changing subjects a wee bit, back at Kevin and Darleen's house, we got to play some pool. We definitely aren't pool sharks by any stretch of the imagination, but it was fun to mess around with it. My theory for getting the balls in is, hit as hard as you can, and you'll probably get something in. :D
Taking aim.While we were there, we had a party for Addie's first birthday. It was a bit early, but I don't think she minded too terribly much. And hey, cake is cake no matter what. :)
Lots of smiles.Lots of shutter moments.Lots of hugs. P.S. For the record, Darleen makes an incredible Mom. :) Darleen, you never cease to amaze me.
Kevin surveying the festivities. Opening her gifts. Isn't she darling?
One of the last nights, we had a bonfire and burned up the Christmas tree. It wasn't quite the blaze we were hoping for, since the ground was pretty wet, but it had its epic moments. We did try to get it going with some not-so-generic methods (think: blower), but nothing seemed to get it going. ;) Eventually, we decided enough was enough, and trooped back inside. End of story.
The last morning of our stay, there was a brilliant sunrise.
Definitely the crowning moment to an incredible trip. I'm already looking forward to going back.
God is so good. His love never ceases to thrill me.
The End

6 comments:

Rachel (Stevens) Buckingham said...

I'm so glad that you were able to have a white Christmas! The Lord is so good to give us those extra blessings. I'm sure it was a memorable experience. :-)

It looks like you all had a wonderful time. Addie is darling! (And I love all those cute captions about her. I often run out of "adorable" adjectives to describe babies. You seem to have an endless store of them.) :-)

Thanks for all the fun pictures. Love you so much! :-)

Melinda said...

I loved seeing all the pictures of Addie. And I was smiling at all your comments about her...I feel the exact same way about my nephews.

Laura said...

Loved your post, Em!!!

White Christmases are amazing and it's just like Him to send you one specially. :)

Your Addie is the sweetest. I'm not sure how the next one can be as cute, but it will be somehow, right? :)

I love you!!

K. M. Updike said...

Oh, what a wonderful you must have had! I'm so glad you all got to go for Christmas! That is the most special time of the year to be with family!

Love you, Emmy, darling!
Kay

Unknown said...

I loved this post Emily! I had no clue you had updated until Caytlin happened to mention reading your blog.

I'm glad you had such a fun trip! I enjoyed seeing all the pictures!! Addie has really grown since we last saw her and I really liked the picture of you and her. You look so sweet as an "Auntie."
I'm very happy to have you home as I missed you alot while "we" were gone.;) It made it easier with us both gone right?;)

The Lord is So good to give us those small desires even if they might seem silly to others, He understands!

Btw, hope you had a great time in the mountains!! I've been praying for your trip.:) I missed seeing you Wednesday!:)

Love you lots dear!!:)

Darleen Weston said...

You had me laughing all through this post! I loved all the "inside" jokes :) It was such a blast when y'all were out here, I don't think I've had that much fun all at once in a long time!! That was so funny Kevin's idea of pretending to look out at something, especially how well it worked!
I Love the pictures of little cuteness Addie, the one especially (where it showed her eyes so well) was so beautiful! I can bet you anything she's gonna look alot like you...(like I said, you should tell people "she's the cutest baby in the WORLD, and she looks like me!!" )Thank you for the honorable mention, I have seen a true and rare heart for God in you, and I thank you for your friendship. Feel free to wander on out here anytime! (now remember, if Darleen has a boy... :) Love you, Joleen

(ps, you should do a poll on here on whether Kev and Darleen's baby will be a boy or girl...)