Pages

Surprise, surprise...it's Emily again! AKA, "Summer in Tennessee Part III" (finally) and stuff.

I'm here to dispel the rumor that I have left the land of the living by actually POSTING. :) I know it's still hard to believe that I do actually exist on planet earth, especially when the ball hits me on the head while playing volleyball, but it is true. But hey, one time that did actually help my team by getting the ball over. :D It was a grand moment in my life...in a slightly embarrassing way. Now that we have established those two important facts - that I'm alive, and my head is a magnet for flying balls - we can move on to the important stuff at hand...or foot, or what have you. :)

Puppies...adorable, cute, fuzzy, lovable... At a not very lovable price, they can be yours. :P
I thought this one was super cute. He looks so happy, even though it was actually a ferocious bark he was attempting. :)
This is called picture display on a budget. Grab some dirty string from brother's tool box, cut said string, go to your local backyard and pick up some clothespins, poke your finger while trying to find two matching black tacks in the junk drawer, and pin onto the wall in the desired position. :D
View 2. Do you think I should start my own craft blog? :P Don't answer that...it was a joke. :)
Random scenery picture just to keep you coming back for more...not. :)
Okay, so we needed to get some updated (cheesy word) pictures of the guys in the family. The last ones of Rick were when he had a full head of hair. And the last ones of Steve were without... *gasp* the beard! We've now come up with a new timeline system: BB (Before Beard) and AB (After Beard). I think the history books should adopt that. ;)
Richard
Dad.
This is super old news that should been blogged about a long time back. We went bowling! I think I'm still trying to get over the embarrassment of my score, or *ahem* lack thereof. :D
Getting the weird shoes on and plotting strategies. I dunno...are there strategies in bowling? :)
This will save you the time of scrolling though all the pictures by themselves. Streamlined blogging! :) It's also an attempt to minimize my teeerrible bowling stance. :D Dad was pro! Look at that form. Mom was cute and epic all at the same time. She was good. I was...we won't talk about that... Rick was a natural. And Steve tore up the lanes. :)
Okay, now for the third and final part of my summer in Tennessee! Wow, seems so much has changed and then gone back to not being changed. :) We had our house up for sale, so that we could move to Tennessee. But now, Kevin, Darleen, and company are coming here! To California!!! So then we took the house off the market and breathed a sigh of relief. Kevin is going to be doing an internship at Warner for about a year, working towards eventually going full time to Ireland. And that's that...in a nutshell.
So here's the cutie in pink. This was a dress that we gave her when we first saw her at three months, so it was fun to dress her up in it when I was visiting. :)
CUTE.
I love baby feet!
Then as a grand finale, we all went camping at the lake for a couple days before I left. Camping is a loose term here, because we went in Kev's trailer. :) Here's Addie-girl ready to go swimming!!! And swimming was pretty much a necessity. It was super hot.
The beautiful lake.
I kind of really like these pictures right now...the golden light and beautiful greens. God's design and color schemes are incredible!!
The campsite. When you've been bad about blogging, and you come to pictures that were from months ago...you forget all the witty things you were going to say about them. :) Heh, heh, remember I'm the one that goes around thinking in blog format? ;)Sitting by the fire!! I know, it was like 100 degrees, not to mention the humidity, but we still built a fire. We had the fan running at the same too. If that's not crazy, then I don't know what is. :P But crazy stuff can be a lot of fun too. :DTrue profile pics. :D Aren't they cute together?!
This was one was a happy accident. :)
The end.
"To every thing there is as season and a time to every purpose under heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which was planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

I love these verses...they sum up life perfectly.

7 comments:

K. M. Updike said...

Emily!!! I LOVE the new blog look!! Simply lovely!!

I am so happy ya'll are not moving now!! I'm so glad you get to stay!!

Your pictures are beautiful, as always!! And to make a long story short I'm siding with Lolly and trying to convince you to start a photography business!! Love you!!

Liz Brown said...

Emily, I really like the header for your blog now. Its perfect :) You are such a good photographer! Wow!

Lois Munteanu said...

Cute, and funny, another very much needed "Em post" brightens up my day. I love the pics! The colors are so vivid! And frankly, that little DIY picture display is genius. Not only should you open your own photography business, but clearly you can teach Martha Stewart a thing or two. :)

Laura said...

Oh. My. Word.

Girl, you posted!!!!!!

{P.S.- it was worth the wait.}

Love ya to pieces! :-)

The Kautts said...

Cute new blog design, Emily! :) Oh, btw, I am having several giveaways at my blog: www.creativity-starts-here.blogspot.com. would you like to guest post for the cute clothespin idea?

~Johanna

Unknown said...

Hey Emily! Thanks for updating! I'm finally getting back into the swing of the blog world and such! I really enjoy it when you post, so please, try to do it often. You have a much better excuse to do so now with your niece and nephew around so much.:)

Anyhow, Thank you for the call the other day! It was SO nice to hear your voice! It's incredible to believe how little I really get to see of you, now!?!:)It's all for the better, though.:) Someday you'll be busy with your own little family so it's practice for once you get married. I'll survive.;)

Ok, enough jabbering on.:P I love you and hope you're having a great week!:)Lord bless you, dear!:)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet and fun post Emily! I do enjoy reading your blog. :) PLEASE post again soon!!! ;)