Lois, being the absolute dear that she is, got me my first "real" photo shoot. Yes, I was very stoked about that. Kristina Iorga is her name, and she was THE perfect person for one's first "real" photo shoot (use those words again, and you'll probably hit me over the head when you see me next).
She was a natural with posing and so strikingly beautiful in all the pictures. I think that you would have to bend over backwards to get a bad picture of her. So yeah, I had it really easy. Too easy, but hey, I'm not against easy. :)
Talk about natural. This girl knows how to pose.
Congratulations on your graduation, Kristina!! May the Lord bless you as you seek out His will for you life.
Moving ahead to Easter... It was a lovely and quiet day with just family, just how we like it. We went to a park we used to fondly call the "Moon Park" when we were little because it had playground equipment that was rather space-ish. It was a child's dream, let me tell you. Addie and Will were a bit young to truly enjoy it, but a few years, and they'll have just as much fun.
Dad.
Playing with Uncle Rick.Pink bows and giggles.
I will forever be bemoaning the fact of that stroller in the background. :P I wish I had had the presence of mind to move it. Well, that's just life sometimes. :)
Just what you wanted to see!!! Feetsies. This is also a plug for going barefoot. Shoes are a necessary evil, and sometimes I even wonder about the necessity. :)
Rick.
Mommy and daughter.
Then here's a collection of pictures from life being lived.
Puppy-in-the-pocket. It's a new fashion statement.
I love this picture kind of a lot. I think it is the sweetest thing to see big tough guys with babies. You see the soft side - the rough hands gently taking smooth baby ones, the adoring smiles. It's just the cutest.Rick working his way to graduating this June! The last Weston kid to graduate!!! So proud of him and all that he has done and is doing with his life!
It's so super rare to see Stephen sitting down in the middle of the day at home. He's usually running around being hugely productive, whether it's work or...
...building the "little house," as we call it, in the backyard with Rick, Kev, and Dad.
Its actually come a long way from the framing stage. There's even stucco on the outside now! Oh, and were building it as a puppy room for our ever-growing dog business. There's practically more dogs than people at our house. Yep, sure about that. If that isn't scary, I don't know what is.
Us ladies with the babies sometimes go out back and watch the proceedings.I thought this one came out really sweet.
The ISFJs chatting it up, as much as ISFJs ever do. :) It's always about history with them. How do they know all that stuff? They never cease to amaze me. They're like walking history books of all time periods. Who needs Google with them? :)
Will playing with a severely interesting block of wood. Babies are easily entertained. :)
Addie and Gramma. She loves Gramma!
Now for the latest in Weston adventures... We went camping with pretty much the entire church. It. Was. So. Much. FUN! What a sweet time together it was. We got a lot of volley ball in and a lot of sun. :)
I think that's Paul there, doing an epic spike it appears. Oh, thank you to Darleen for the VB pictures! Isn't she the greatest???
Um, yes, here we are being amazing as usual. :)
I got some pictures, but hardly any. In the moment, I want to be enjoying the proceedings, not taking pictures, but I ALWAYS regret it later. Anyways, here's mine.
Dad again. :)
Ah-ha! This is where Addie gets her mad winking skills. :) The truth is out.
A random picture that certainly won't make National Geographic for photography skills. Quality, quality, why must you be so elusive?
Here we are at the end. I told Addie that the sun was going to bed, that it was going night-night. Yeah, probably not the most educational thing to say, but anyways...
Before I go, I'm going post some blog tag duties given to me by the dear Kayla Updike.
11 Random Things
- I was going to be named Loraine (or something to that effect) if a I was a girl (and Elliott if I had been a boy). But then my Dad saw the name Emily at work and told mom about it. They decided they both liked it, and well, the rest is history. :)
- I used to want to be a librarian. And when I was, I knew I would never mix a family's books up like the "horrible" librarians that we had when I was little. We would all go to the library and pick out mountains of books, very careful to keep them in our separate piles. Loathe was the person who would put my Curious George book in someone else's pile! :)
- I once jumped on the trampoline for 45 minutes straight (no breaks)...when I was younger.
- When Ricky and I were little, we would record "talk radio shows" on an old tape recorder complete with "commercials" and music. We were very proud of them at the time.
- I used to scream bloody murder when Mom had to cut my toenails (I was much to scared to do it myself). I was sure that it was going to kill me, but it never did. :)
- I like the smell of puppy breath.
- I have a strong aversion to clearing the table. There's something about the dirty napkins that really grosses me out in particular.
- I used to think that food went all the way down to my feet and would go all the way up to my neck when I was full. I remember being very upset when I heard that one has a stomach only about the size of a fist. It was a real blow to find that out.
- I used to want to own a shar pei (it's a dog, for those of you who don't know) very badly after reading a book about a family of them who would ride around in a car. If you are beginning to think that I was a bit strange as a child, I won't blame you. :)
- I am fascinated by WWII history.
- I like shooting skeet.
Okay, that was hard! There's not much very random about me (without being entirely too incriminating). :)
11 Questions at Random for You:
1. What book are you reading at the moment? Unbroken (a book about Louis Zamperini, a runner turned bomber in WWII), Utmost for His Highest, and Numbers and Psalms out of the Bible.
2. Do you like tuna fish? Um, yes, but not after a long time in the fridge. :)
3. What is the biggest, most impossible thing you have wished for? Playing the piano at Carnegie Hall. :)
6. Do you talk in an English accent in your head sometimes? Not sure. I know that when I say "bother" sometimes, it comes out sounding a bit English. I don't usually intend it to be that way, but I think it is a word that lends itself to that.
7. Have you counted your fingers and toes recently? Lol, I guess not. :)
8. What was the very first meal you ever made? I think it was spaghetti.
9. What is your favorite kind of tea? Sleepy time or mint
10. What is your favorite kind of scarf? I don't usually wear scarves, unless it's really cold, but I do think they are cute on other girls.
2. Do you like tuna fish? Um, yes, but not after a long time in the fridge. :)
3. What is the biggest, most impossible thing you have wished for? Playing the piano at Carnegie Hall. :)
4. Would you buy a Kindle, or refuse to let the familiar bindings of a beloved book out of your hands? Um, I don't think I would ever buy one, just 'cause of a lack of funds, but I wouldn't mind if someone gave me one. :)
5. Mystery, romance, adventure, humor, or a good splash of all? Humor can be fun in a book.6. Do you talk in an English accent in your head sometimes? Not sure. I know that when I say "bother" sometimes, it comes out sounding a bit English. I don't usually intend it to be that way, but I think it is a word that lends itself to that.
7. Have you counted your fingers and toes recently? Lol, I guess not. :)
8. What was the very first meal you ever made? I think it was spaghetti.
9. What is your favorite kind of tea? Sleepy time or mint
10. What is your favorite kind of scarf? I don't usually wear scarves, unless it's really cold, but I do think they are cute on other girls.
11. How many days until your birthday? Um, not sure, but over half way there.
And if you would like to take the tag challenge, that would be wonderful. And now I shall close this already long and drawn-out post.
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." Psalms 34:14






























6 comments:
Very good job on your first real photo shoot! Those turned out lovely.
Awwww. The beach volleyball pictures made me smile ... and sigh ...
I am laughing so hard at your 11 random facts. LOVE!!! :D
And I'm echoing Liz about the volleyball-- what fun! Glad you had such a good time.
Darling, no, I am not glad you saved me from the peanut butter and oatmeal post that ended up persnickety. Not glad in the least! But I'll settle for an email, dear. :)
I LOVE this poster! It makes me miss you all in California so much! Especially the volley ball pictures!
Love you, Em!
I really enjoyed the blog post. Fun and enjoyable to read, as always. :-) You did a very good job on the photo shoot...
And by the way, I agree about going barefoot. ;-)
Love you very much! :-)
I'm glad you posted Emily! I had been wanting a new one for awhile. I really enjoy your pictures and I'm glad you enjoyed the photo-shoot. It is always a fun opportunity to do one-gives one the chance for experience.;)
I disagree with you not being a good writer, why else would you have comments on your blog??;)
Ok, well, I'll not make this comment so long.;) Love you!
Did you have this lovely layout when I commented? If you did I'm sorry I didn't say anything! It is lovely! The color scheme is gorgeous! and I love the picture of you in About! :) Classy! :D
Love you so much! And as summer begins I'm missing you all the more!
I should send you an email!
Love, Kayla
Post a Comment