I won't bore you any longer with my ramblings, so here's some pictures. Apologies if you might have already seen them. Also, most of these were taken by Andrew Stevens, Andrew Ouatu, Kevin, and Darleen Waltman, photo credits go to them. :D Except for one that I took, and you can probably guess which one's mine. ;)
Us girlies waiting excitedly to get on the airplane. BTW, flying was 'fantabulous', one of the words we liked to use with the kids. :)
Kevin making sure that I understood everything, a very hard job I assure you. ;)
Working on a sign for CI registration.
Here's a good depiction of what the kids looked like to us leaders. :D
Joking aside, the children were absolutely adorable! You couldn't help but love them! They all had such cute personalities.
We had our break times too, here's us girls looking meditative . . .
This may look like a very 'blah' picture to you, but oh my, it was not 'blah' driving and riding around in that thing! :) We had a blast using the Ceausu's boat! Lois and I were sold, and decided we needed to get ourselves a boat and load it up with cheesecakes, and pies, and lots of that kind of stuff, and never get off. ;D Just kidding, of course. Thought I should add that, lest you take me seriously and think that I'd gone crazy. :DHere's two beautiful pictures of Tennessee, photo courtesy of Kevin Weston. :)

The whole group, or at least a good part of it. It was a blast to really bond with each other, share about God's work in our lives, and have good times.
Darleen Waltman, so sweetly took some pictures of us girls! I love photography and watching her was amazing. She has a lot talent!! It was wonderful to get to know the whole Waltman family, they really made the trip! :)
A lovely picture of Lois, we spent a lot of time together, as we were in the same house. She was such a blessing to be with!
A really good picture of Cristin, she was my 'adopted' older sister for the trip. :D
Me and Kendra or Kendy, our new nickname for her. :)
My super bros, who, without them, I would most certainly have gone crazy. :D They were tremendous in everything!
I wanted to end with this picture because I think it really sums up our whole trip. Looking at it makes me see that even though we are 'dark' with sin, Christ can still shine through us with His glorious light! I can wholly say that I am so unworthy to have had the honor of working with those children, yet I saw, despite me, Christ shone through! God is good!
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthaneth me."
Philippians 4:13
7 comments:
Great post, Emily! It was so good to get to know y'all, although I felt sad saying goodbye...I want y'all to come back and see us again...soon!
It was definitely a growing time for me,too. I've been thinking alot about how much I fall short, but somehow God shows Himself strong! I think 'ministering to others' is just a roundabaout way of saying..."stretching time"!I would try to write about the week too, but I wouldn't know where to start...:-)I hope to see you again, on this side of heaven!
--Joleen
That is a beautiful picture of Lois! I'm so glad you had such a special time.
Ashley
BTW those pictures are beautiful!
Good post! That was definitely a great trip... it was sad when it had to end. Oh, and I love the caption you wrote for the blurry picture of Josiah. :D
I enjoyed your post! Your last comments were especially true for me, too. That's one of the areas the Lord has been showing me lately. We can save no one. Only God can and we should be grateful that God chooses to use us, even though we aren't remotely close to perfect. It shows the true sovereignty of God. Though it's also inspiring to draw closer to God so He'll use us more!
Your post makes me jealous! No, not jealous, I just really, really miss you guys!
Looks like a great, fun, learning experience! It's so neat seeing the different lessons God can teach us when we open our lives to His influence.
Looks like you were blessed and challenged :) That's good.
I tagged you ... see my blog!
I love this post!! Very well done, Emmy!
Post a Comment