Pages

Sweet Life

If life had a taste, right now it would taste like creamy, vanilla ice cream. Or maybe cookie dough ... can't decide. :) Sometimes when life gets to being tough, it's more like vegetables, not necessarily bad for you--good for you, in fact. But when everything seems like a bowl full of ice cream, it's just ... sweet.
I still haven't done anything earth shaking, so this will have to be another "everyday" post. Don't start throwing tomatoes, please! ;) If you want to see an exciting post, take me to Disney Land or something. Then that'll give me something to write about. :)
You know you don't have much to post when you put a picture of your dog up. :P But I think she is a very cute dog, so it kinda makes it alright. :)Why I took a picture of the street light, I don't know; but I thought the colors were really pretty in it. :-) Besides, it looks a bit Narnia-ish. In a California sort of way--instead of pine trees and snow, there's palm trees and cars. :)Mom and Dad cooking. :) Dad looks like he's having way too much fun with the seasonings. He likes to put a lot in, and my Mom always says, "Whoa, it's really hot, Bill!" Dad just smiles. :)Through the glass.Sometimes you gotta look past the thorns to see the rose.
Well, I better end before I say any other incriminating things. :S Or maybe just because I don't have anymore pictures. :) A combination of both.
Oh, and by the by, (I like that phrase) :) the poll was Richard's idea. He said I should post it to be original. I've been having a "fit" over unoriginal, cliche' people lately--myself being the main culprit. :( Cliche'-ness is so ... cliche'. :P
Random thought here, I really like this quote a whole lot!
"Beware of posing as a profound person; God became a baby." --Oswald Chambers
But anyhow, moving on to something eons better than anything that's ever been written, God's inspired Word.
"Whatsoever you do in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." Col. 3:17
P.S. If you're wondering about the whole color thing--Blogger just wouldn't space the paragraphs right, and it all blended to much to have just white. :) Don't worry, I haven't gone crazy ... at least not yet. ;)

7 comments:

K. M. Updike said...

Beautiful, Emmi Dear! :) The music is so inspiring and lovely! However, however, did you do that?? I've been trying to figure out a way, but my computer skills go only so far! :D

Love you, girlie!!

Hannah said...

Nice pictures Emily! I really like the one with the rose!
By the way, my dad loves to get things hot too! :)

Ashley Sebo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Sebo said...

Good Post Wemily! I think I know what you mean about life being sweet! *wink* It has been very sweet! *hug*

I think you should buy your dad a seasoning set for christmas! It's not that bad, maybe a little spicy but I thought it was pretty good!

Good pictures! You have a good artistic eye, girl!

See you thursday Lord willing!

Wuv you!

Laura said...

Hi Emmy

Love the pictures! (as usual) ;)

Cindy is so cute...

Anonymous said...

Your dog is adorable! I recently read that Oswald Chambers quote in the devotional, My Utmost For His Highest. I liked it.

Lois Munteanu said...

That's such a beautiful post, girl! You make all of your "everyday" posts SOO special! And the music? It's incredible! Some of the most loverly stuff I've ever heard! I think you might have a chance of converting me if I listen to that all the time. ;)