3 Heaping cups of God's grace and mercy
1 Cup medical transcription (anyone care for some Midodrine?) :)
2 Cup music practice
1 3/4 Cup normal life
1/2 Cup driving practice
1 Pound of housekeeping
1 Tablespoon piano teaching
2 Tablespoons of sewing
2 1/2 Cup time with dear friends
3 Cup fun time with family
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Combine God's grace with all ingredients until smooth. To sweeten, stir in times with precious family and friends. Pour into greased pan and bake for 40 minutes until golden brown. For further instruction, refer to step-by-step pictures below. (Ok, that was a pretty cheesy intro, but if you've got anything better, let me know.) ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{driver's license}
Yep, I am now a licenced California driver. If that doesn't strike fear into your heart, then I don't know what will. ;) I do want to say one thing, though, taking the driver's test will increase your prayer life 100%. :) All the credit goes to God. I couldn't have done it without Him, as is the case with everything in life. I can't take my next breath without Him. It was a tiny thing, but God still cared and lovingly directed. Aaaaaand...if you see a car squealing around corners and running off curbs and jerking about in a most audacious manner, then it's probably me. :P

{thanksgiving}
Dad contemplating world domination. ;)
This is Rick's view of me. I like it--it's very minimal. :P
This is Rick's view of me. I like it--it's very minimal. :P
{soccer party}
We had another party for Jeremy's soccer girls. From the shrieks, giggles, smiles, and smashed grapes...well, I think they had a pretty good time. ;)
Giggling-pink-lemonade-guzzling blurs of motion. It was lots of fun. :)
{life, in general}
Thursday is our on-the-road day. We storm Huntington Beach for an afternoon, playing the piano at Sea Cliff, teaching piano, mowing lawns. Mom and Rick face off. "There isn't room in this car for the both of us." :P
One of those artsy, blurry shots for you. Now your day is complete. :)
No, we don't bring Howie along, but she does like to ride around in the car. She has a better sense of direction than I do--that's not saying much, but she does. :P

One of those artsy, blurry shots for you. Now your day is complete. :)
No, we don't bring Howie along, but she does like to ride around in the car. She has a better sense of direction than I do--that's not saying much, but she does. :P
With only one kid still in school, Wisdom Booklet time has gotten considerably more relaxed. ;) I remember the days when we had to sit board straight out in the cold dining room for two straight hours. Well, hehe, maybe it wasn't quite thaaaat bad, but we have to tell those uphill-in-the-snow-both-ways stories. ;D On a bit more serious note, I'm so very thankful that Mom gave of herself time and again to instill God's word our lives. She is such an unselfish, loving Mother. I love you, Mummsy. :)
Fuzzy socks are incredibly nerdy, but they're worth it. ;)
Aimee seeing her hubby off. :)
The three of us homies.
Reading God's word.
Enter: Fuzzy lap warmer. That's all cats are good for. ;)
Fuzzy socks are incredibly nerdy, but they're worth it. ;)
Aimee seeing her hubby off. :)
The three of us homies.
Reading God's word.
Enter: Fuzzy lap warmer. That's all cats are good for. ;)
{Sunday morning pictures}
Here's my two tablespoons of sewing. Darleen, your eyes aren't fooling you. We got about six yards of the material. :D
Besides the fact that I have a supremely fake smile and I look like I'm about to bite someone, I do like this picture. :)
Aren't they so cute?! Yep, I thought so too.
Besides the fact that I have a supremely fake smile and I look like I'm about to bite someone, I do like this picture. :)
Aren't they so cute?! Yep, I thought so too.
{fall in December}
I have a weakness for trees lost in the blaze of autumn. 





It's so hard to believe that 2011 is almost here. This year took wing and flew away. It dove to the low parts of the earth and soared into the heavens. But God had it's course all mapped out from the very beginning. He knows what's ahead. He knows what's behind. May He give each and every one of you a vision. May He direct you steps in the year to come.
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,
saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:11,13
10 comments:
Love it, love it, love it!!
Emily, you amaze me.
Oh, also, I now know which recipe to give at a recipe exchange. Thanks! :)
**hugs**
What a sweet post!! Yup, I know that fabric!! Fun!! Too bad we couldn't all wear ours when you come out... I think I've outgrown mine for the time being... Maybe... (runs to check if it still fits...)
It has snowed here!! We may have a White Christmas after all. As long as we don't get snowed in. :) It is 20 degrees out side today.
I'll see you on Sunday!
Oh, Emmy! Your posts are so full of life and color! So creative and heartwarming! I'm totally warm all over and have my Emmsy dose for the week. *takes a deep breath* I think I'll be able to make it until you get back home! But--please hurry back!! I'll miss you!!
Love you!
I loved the "giggling-pink-lemonade-guzzling blurs of motion". ;-)
It made me laugh when you said that the dog had a better sense of direction than you did. Really? Lol!
And I noticed that you called your mother "mummsy". I've called my mother "mumsie" before. I guess we must think similarly. ;-)
And congratulations again on passing the driver's test. Yippee! I'm so glad and excited for you!
I absolutely loved the picture of Aimee seeing Jeremy off. So precious.
I loved the results of your 2 T. of sewing. It's so fun to match one's mumsie. :-)
Love you SO much! :-)
By the way, I LOVE your socks! :D
Thanks for the post Emily!:) And thank you for your sweet comment.:) I am so glad to know you got your license! I knew you'd pass.
I miss you too, and look forward to January!:) I hope you have a good trip Sunday. I'll be praying.:)
Love to you from Washington!:)
Why is everyone wishing Emily back to California so soon??!!! Sorry, we want her for a long time!!
We are lending her Darleen...lending.;)
Yeah for an Emmy-post. :)
Merry Christmas-- I love you much!
Hey, hey Emily!
Glad to hear y'all are all back home safe and sound, and in one piece! (I heard the gun case wasn't so lucky :) I really enjoyed getting to spend time with you out here, I think the most fun I've had in a long time!
Btw, what was that quote of yours again?) "When I think deep thoughts my throat starts to tickle" :) or something like that... miss you! Jo
Post a Comment