Pages

Summer in Tennessee Part II

It seems like yesterday I was a girl flying alone for the first time, unsure of what the next two months would hold. I've lived them, and now I'll be on my way home. In some ways, it feels like it has been a long time, but in other ways, merely a vapor. Can someone please explain that to me? How can a space in time feel like forever and then only a minute? I think that's just another thing to add to the list of unexplainables. There's just a lot that, much as we hate to admit it, we don't know. There are mysteries that can never fully be solved here on earth. Things that will always puzzle us - like how God can love us, or how He can be three in one. And then there's the big question of the future. I think that word should have a permanent question mark stuck to it. And I have to admit, sometimes I just wish I could read the end and find out what happens. It's then that I have to remember that if I knew everything about my life, there would be no need for hope, for faith, or for trust. And so I must wait. On Him. And rest in the fact that He knows the beginning from the end. My hope is that I learn from the past, that I live the present for Him, and leave the future at His feet.

Alright, now I shall burn my soapbox and bring out the pictures. :)

For July 4th, Kevin and company donned their patriotic colors and smiled for the birdie. :) This is my amazing, talented, gorgeous, incredible S.I.L. (sister-in-law) and little William. I love you, dearie!!!You've been such a blessing in my life. It's utterly indescribable how much you mean to me. I'm so thankful that the Lord brought you into my life. I'll never be able to thank Him enough for that.
Isn't Will a chunk?? He just looks so cute and plump in this picture. Darleen is going to have a monkey theme for his first birthday. Chunky monkey, that is. ;)
Good looking family, eh?
Once upon a time, a handsome prince left his homeland to lead a children's program across the country. He was brave and fearless. He was ready for anything, and there he found a beautiful princess that captured his heart. Later, riding his Ford Windstar steed, he came back to claim his bride. Two years and two kids later, they are living happily ever after. True story. And yes, a very happy story, too. :)
They just about break the "incredible Richter scale."
And here's one with just Will, 'cause sleeping babies are easier to pose than awake ones. :DThe prince and his bride.
He makes her laugh...
She inspires him. It's perfect.
Favorite.
Also on the 4th, the tiny town of Greenback gets up a parade. Anyone can be in it. And I mean anyone. There's kids on bikes, scrawny guys on four-wheelers, horses galore, tractors that barely run, old cars, veterans, people that just want to ride in the back of a truck and throw candy, and best of all, there's a pride and patriotism for a country that was founded on God and His principles. It was very small town Americana. I loved it. It made me so thankful that I was so blessed to be born in America.
Capturing someone capturing the moment. I love Canons. Nikons stink. Eeek, I might loose a few readers for that, but I am a very loyal Canon fan. ;)
I like this one because Kevin looks like one of those quirky camera guys. :D And I mean that as a complement. ;)
Go America!
So a few weeks ago, Kev took me horseback riding!!! That was such a blast! The guide we had was really stingy and wouldn't let the horses go faster than a slow walk, but we kind of worked around that and had fun anyway. We were at the back and held up our horses and then would trot to catch up. *looks around innocently* I had a light-footed horse that would have been awesome to run, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. Someday, I want to ride a horse, and really ride it with no stingy guides around. ;)
Switching topics a bit, I begged Darleen for some nice pictures. I'm so lucky to have a photographer for a S.I.L. :D If the pictures look good, it is entirely her work!!!! She can make anyone look good. And that's saying a lot. :D
This post would not be complete without at least one sunset picture. You know that I have a weakness for twilight. There's just so much food for thought in brilliant colors lovingly painted in the sky by the Master Painter.Uncle + Niece = cute picture.
This was when William really started to smile. Like actually smile. So Darleen snapped this quick picture and then we got inspired and got quite a few more of the two adorable munchkins.
This smile will melt your heart!!!! Isn't she precious? I love my Addie-girl. She is brilliant. Adorable when she laughs. Has a mischievous side. Likes anything she can't have. :) Has beautiful eyes that will charm your heart. Has an unbeatable personality.
And she LOVES to kiss Will. She'll come up to him whenever she gets the chance and give him very wet kisses. She loves him! We literally have to fight to keep her off of him sometimes. ;)
Okay, is that not the cutest little face you have ever seen???
Beware, he is in the business of stealing hearts. :)
And I will leave you with that precious little face stamped into your thoughts. Trust Jesus and choose to praise Him no matter what. He deserves it.

5 comments:

Rachel (Stevens) Buckingham said...

William is so adorable! He looks a lot like Kevin, in my opinion. What a cute family. :-)

I appreciate your thoughts about trusting the Lord for the future. We just take one day at a time.

I love you very much, dear friend, and am looking forward to seeing you in a month! I miss you.

K. M. Updike said...

I LOVE those pictures of you Em! Would Darleen mind if I swiped one for an update pic of you? They are GORGEST!

William and Addy are SO cute! Loved all the cute-ness! ;)

I hope you have safe travels when you go home! Praying for you!

Unknown said...

Oh Emily! Time has flown by so quickly and I am so glad we will be seeing each other soon! I'm sorry I have not called you much but it has been busy over here and the time change really messes me up.:)

Thank you so much for the post.:) I really enjoyed reading your thoughts about trusting God for the future. I know what you mean. It is good to know we can trust Him to be faithful even when we fail.:)

I miss you and love you alot!

Liz Brown said...

Its so very Strange to see Kevin all fatherly and husbandly ... I was remembering back to 2006 and my first trip out there, and comparing then to now :)

But they are good differences I guess.

Love you Emily! Good pictures!!

Laura said...

Awww... man, the pictures are so beautiful!! :) You are blessed with wonderful (and photogenic) family/self, an eye for pictures and an inspiring, wise outlook on life and you managed to cram them all into a blog post?! You. Are. Amazing.

Love ya, Ems!