Pages

Stonyford

Stonyford. It's a small, rural town tucked into rolling hills of gold and solitary trees of olive green. It's there that time slows down to the delicate stream of honey dripping off a spoon.. Everyone knows you and you know them. Horses, cows, goats, sheep - they're your neighbors. It speaks of simpler times long ago where country roads are left untouched by "progress." And there's a little white church. It's my brother's. So it's no wonder why we left the city life behind to rest, hug our little niece and nephews, and see the marvelous works of God in the lives of those in that little white church. 
Letts Lake. Candy for the eyes, refreshment for the soul. We camped there for a couple of days and loved every minute.
Down by the lake.


Smile for the camera! *Philip was too busy sucking a yummy thumb to hear me* :)
The little man bedecked in his neon swim gear and dusty Crocs. I think it's a safe thing to say that the kids loved it there.
Flip-flops are a marvelous invention. I'm pretty sure that whoever invented them knew how to have fun. :)
Kevin, fishing like a pro straight out of Bass Pro Shop. :)
Man, that grin! It gets me every time.
Two brothers knocking about in the wild. :D
Grandpa and Addie, picking out the perfect fishing lure.
Little Addie. I'm pretty sure, in her mind, she's 3 going on 30.:)
Happy fisherman. Love my fabulous Dad!!
Sunset slipping over the lake.

I love this face!!! She's taken over a very special place in my heart.
Little girl pigtails and puppy dog tails. I think they go well together
Kev and his kids.
Richard doing a bit of fishing, too.



It makes me feel all warm and happy inside when I see them together. God has blessed me with a beautiful picture of marriage right before my eyes every single day. They are best friends, just as it should be.
I have a thing for huge, old trees set off by themselves. I love how they look, wistful and wisened by years of sun and rain.

Yes, that's me with a gun! My extremely wonderful and generous brothers, who happen to be some of my most favorite people on the earth shocked me with a .20 gauge shotgun for my birthday. It's a simple break open, small enough for me to actually hold up (which is awesome, since I'm not too good at holding up their other behemoth shotgun), and perfect in every way. I was pleased as punch.
There's nothing like christening a new gun with some skeet shooting. 
Getting all set up.
The brothers.
My favorite gauge. :)
Hitting those skeet like pros. That's just what they do. 
Before we left, we spent one last evening at the lake.
Blurry, out of focus, too dark, but oh soooo cute. Love that little pumpkin!!
We made friends with the big guy next door. Keep scrolling - it's a horse, just in case you were worried about what kind of company we were keeping. We also got to go horseback riding - for real! And man, it was so much fun!! Horses pretty much amaze me. They are such powerful and thoughtful creatures. Testaments of God's wondrous handiwork.
One last sunset over the ridge. It was glorious. I think we will go back. :)
"God is our refuge and strength..." Psalm 46:1 
He most certainly is. 

3 comments:

Rachel (Stevens) Buckingham said...

I loved this post!! You got some beautiful pictures. And that is SO much fun that you got a gun! :D It looks like you had a wonderful time with Kevin and Darleen and their little ones. What a sweet and cute family they have. :)

I love you tremendously! :)

Unknown said...

I especially like the pictures of that huge tree! So beautiful. :)

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time with the Weston Jr. Family!;) I'm very glad you got to enjoy another trip up there to see them! I enjoyed seeing you with the shotgun!!!;) I like that look on you! It was so good to see you Sunday!!:) Love you very much! I'll write back soon!